Founded in 2014, the Warwick China Summit (WCS) is a student-run annual conference by Warwick China Development Society, aspires to bring together leading experts in the China studies and professionals across UK universities to intellectually-stimulating discussions on the largest emerging country in the world. This year, we are expecting to host 10 guest speakers, including
Mr. Sunan Jiang, Minister Counsellor for Science & Technology at Chinese Embassy
Professor Athar Hussain, the Director of the Asia Research Centre at LSE
Mr. Stewart Ferguson, Head of Research at China-Britain Business Council
Professor Kyle Jaros, Associate Professor in Political Economy of China at University of Oxford
2019 Warwick China Summit, ‘The Great Revival’, aims to inspire a series of vibrant discussions revolving around China’s phenomenal rise as a global power and its shifting political, economic, technological and social landscapes.
The Summit consists of 5 topics including 1 panel, namely:
1. China, Liberal Teleology and the New Cold War
2. Doing Business in China: Opportunities and Challenges for International Business
3. What Does the Future Hold for China’s Tech Ambition and Embracing Innovation?
4. Panel: An Urbanised China: Of whom, By whom and For whom?
5. Chinese Philosophy and the Problems of Modernity
If you are interested in any of these questions, you've come to the right place! Do not hesitate, buy your ticket now! We look forward to seeing you on the Summit.